“When trying to run the Snipping Tool in Windows ten, I got the subsequent error:’The snippet Tool isn’t acting on your pc immediately. Restart your pc, so attempt once more.'”
The Snip Tool could be a screenshot software system enclosed in Windows, light-weight weight and helpful. Recently, we’ve detected from those that found the snippet tool not acting on Windows 7/8/10, etc. Some reportable that the snip Tool simply shows a black screen or blank screen, rather than the particular screenshot; some complained that once they click on “save as”, nothing pops up; some got a message stating that “The Snipping Tool isn’t acting on your pc immediately.” in spite of within which cases, one issue is for sure: rebooting did not solve the matter.
So, what happened to the snip Tool and the way to mend The Snipping Tool not operating issue?
Why the snip Tool isn’t operating
With Snipping Tool, you’ll snip any area/object on your screen by drawing a circle or a triangle around the object you wish to capture. however, why is the snippet Tool stop working?
There could also be 3 reasons:
- Your default save path has been modified that the snippet Tool cannot save the screenshot properly.
- If you get a message stating that “Snipping tool isn’t operating properly”, there could also be another software system having conflicts with the snip Tool.
- The snipping tool might not work properly once some connected system files area unit broken.
How to Fix “Snip Tool Doesn’t Work” Issue
Run “SFC /scannow” Command
The first issue you’ll attempt is to mend the snippet Tool with “SFC /scannow” command.
- Press Windows logo+”R” on the keyboard along, type “cmd”, then faucet “Enter”;
- kind “SFC /scan now” within the program line, press “Enter”;
- kind “snippingtool.exe” to ascertain whether or not the tool is fastened, press “Enter”. If the tool launched with success, build a roa d to verify it
Warning: Some websites might recommend you to alter the information within the written account Editor, however it ought to be stressed that it may be dangerous to alter the information of written account. If you’re not accustomed to it, moot ANd raise a professional for facilitating
Relaunch the Snipping Tool
If the Snipping Tool doesn’t work properly, such as the Snipping Tool shortcut, eraser, or pen can’t work properly, you can turn off the Snipping Tool and restart.
- after that Press “Ctrl + Alt + Delete” on the keyboard together to show the Task Manager
- look for and kill SnippingTool.exe, then run it again to try.
Find out the Conflicting Software
You may try to find if there is any software on your computer conflicting with Snipping Tool
- Press Windows logo and “R” on the keyboard together, type “msconfig”, then press “Enter”;
- In the system configuration window, click on “service”, marking “Hide all Microsoft services” that is under the window, after that stop the suspected service, especially with regard to the newly installed software.
Third Party Snapshot Tool for Windows reviews
Though the Snipping Tool is lightweight and simple, you may think it too simple to meet your need. Now that it’s not working properly, how about trying another screenshot tool
FonePaw Screen Recorder is highly recommended because it can be a more powerful snapshot tool for Windows but as an easy to use tool for cutting. You can use hotkeys to capture your screen easily, annotate the picture as you like and export the screenshot files to multiple formats, including PNG, JPG, GIF, etc. Download it and have a try!
Step One: Open FonePaw Screen Recorder.
Step Two: Click the third button with a camera icon on the panel, then drag your mouse to select the area to take a screenshot; otherwise it will capture the full screen.
Step Three: Click the screenshot button to take a snapshot. In the snapshot window, you’ll find the annotation tools to add the line, circle, texts, etc. to the screenshot. And you can choose to save the screenshot or pin the screenshot on computer.
You can easily find all the screenshot files by clicking the media manager, the button at the top-right corner. Then you can share the pictures with your friends or to social media like YouTube or Facebook.
You can also go to Preference and set up hotkeys to take screenshots with FonePaw Screen Recorder.
FonePaw Screen Recorder is also a powerful screen recorder. It can easily record screen activities and webcam video with high quality. Know more details in Screen Recorder: The Top Screen Recording and Capture Program and feel free to have a try!
All the above are the four ways to fix “the Snipping Tool is not working” issue. If you find this part of the help, give us like!